Dead Island 2
Dead Island 2 is an open world action RPG with a focus on CO-OP.
As a Game Designer I was responsible for the combat and core gameplay mechanics:
- Enemies: Had ownership of all of the enemies in the game. This included zombie enemies, human enemies as well as 'special enemies' with more unique behaviors.
- Ranged weapons: Had ownership of all the ranged weapons and their related features. We created a modular weapon system with randomized weapon parts similar to what the Borderlands titles are using.
- Melee weapons: Took over ownership of all melee weapons and their related features.
- Weapon mods: Had ownership of all weapon mods and their related features.
- Movement, controls and cameras: Took over ownership of the player movement, controls and camera features.
- Promoted the game in media by doing interviews, presentations and hands on events. See here and here for examples.
- Mentored junior designers.
Watch the gameplay trailer.